Family Law
Protecting Your Family's Interests for Over 20 years contact us today

Naples Child Support Lawyer


Under Florida family law, parents are required to financially support their children. In the event of a divorce or the establishment of paternity, legal guidelines have been established to ensure that children receive the support they need to ensure their overall  welfare. This generally translates to the parent who spends less time with the child providing child support payments to the other parent.

The Law Offices of Lisa P. Kirby, P.A. can assist you in the matter of child support. Whether you are seeking or contesting payment or the modification or enforcement of current court-ordered payments, we can provide the knowledgeable representation you need. Our Naples child support attorney understands the law and court procedures surrounding this critical issue and how it can impact your finances as well as your child’s wellbeing.

Call (239) 908-4905 to arrange for a consultation with our experienced child support lawyer at the Law Offices of Lisa P. Kirby, P.A. Or contact us via email request to get started. 

Child Support in Florida

Child support is determined by Florida state guidelines that provide a formula for payment amount calculation. This calculation is based on the “income shares model,” in which estimates of the monetary amounts that parents would spend on the child if the parents stayed together is then split between them based on their respective incomes. 

Factors used in the formula include:

  • The income of both spouses
  • How much time each parent spends with the child 
  • How many children are being supported
  • Health care insurance
  • Daycare costs
  • Educational costs
  • Extracurricular activity costs
  • Any other relevant expenses pertaining to the child

Even where parents share even time with their children, child support payments are generally required by the parent who earns more. This is done to ensure that the child’s standard of living that was created during the marriage is maintained. 

Enforcement & Modification

If you already have a child support order that was issued by the court which is no longer viable, you can seek to have it modified through the court. You will have to provide proof that a significant change in circumstances has occurred for either you or the child. 

If you are a parent who has not received the child support payments owed as ordered by the court, you can also seek to have the order enforced through legal action. 

At the Law Offices of Lisa P. Kirby, P.A., we handle all child support matters from establishment of payment to modifications and enforcement.

  • “Excellent attorney!! Highly recommended! Thank you for all your help and hard work.”

    - Heather P.
  • “Excellent Attorney and Mediator!!”

    - Amy G.
  • “I have used seven different attorneys for various legal matters, I have found Lisa to be my favorite, she is to the point, cares about her clients, and is very knowledgeable in the legal system.”

    - Aaron

Learn More About Your Case & Options by Contacting Us Today